Counts of Poitou
Gerard, Count of Auvergne, b abt 795, d 25 Jun 841. He md abt 818, Daughter of Louis I, Emperor, "the Fair", and Ermengarde of Hesbaye.
Child of Gerard of Auvergne and Daughter of Louis I was:
Ranulf I, Duke of Aquitaine, b abt 825, d 5 Jul 866. He md abt 845, Daughter of Rorick, Count of Maine. She was b abt 833.
Child of Ranulf I and Daughter of Rorick was:
Ranulf II, Count of Poitou, b abt 856, d 5 Aug 890. He md Irmgard. His mistress was Ermengarde.
Child of Ranulf II and Ermengarde was:
Ebles Mancer, Count of Poitou, Duke of Aquitaine, b abt 882, d 932. He md  Eremburg 892, and  Emliane 911. She was b abt 890.
Child of Ebles Mancer and Emliane was:
William I of Poitou/III of Aquitaine, "Towhead", Count of Poitou, Duke of Aquitaine, b abt 915, d 3 Apr 963. He md Adele/Gerloc of Normandy 935, daughter of Rollo of Normandy, Duke of Normandy, and Poppa.
Children of William I of Poitou/III of Aquitaine and Adele/Gerloc of Normandy were:
William II of Poitou/IV of Aquitaine, "Ironarm" Count of Poitou, Duke of Aquitaine, b abt 937, d 3 Feb 995. He md Emma of Blois abt 968, daughter of Theobald I, Count of Blois, and Luitgarde of Vermandois.
- William II of Poitou/IV of Aquitaine, Count of Poitou, Duke of Aquitaine, b abt 937.
- Adelaide of Poitou b 945, d abt 1004. She md Hugh Capet, King of France bef 969, son of Hugh Magnus of Paris, Count of Paris, Duke of Neustria, and Hedwig of Saxony.
- Daughter of Poitou b abt 954. She md Gilbert de Roucy, Count of Roucy, abt 970, son of Renaud, Count of Rheims and Roucy, and Alberade of Lorraine.
Child of William II of Poitou/IV of Aquitaine and Emma of Blois was:
William III of Poitou/V of Aquitaine, "the Great", Count of Poitou, Duke of Aquitaine, b abt 970, d 31 Jan 1030. He md  Agnes of Macon/Burgundy 1018, daughter of Otto William of Macon, Count of Burgundy, Macon, and Nevers, and Ermentrude de Roucy.
Children of William III of Poitou/V of Aquitaine and Agnes of Macon/Burgundy were:
Geoffrey/William VI of Poitou/VIII of Aquitaine, Count of Poitou, Duke of Aquitaine, b abt 1024, d 25 Sep 1086. He md Hildegarde of Burgundy abt 1068, daughter of Robert of Burgundy, "the Old", Duke of Burgundy, and Helie/Eleanor de Semur.
- Agnes of Poitou b abt 1020, d 14 Dec 1077. She md Henry III, King of Germany, "the Black", 21 Nov 1043, son of Conrad II, King of Germany, and GIsele of Swabia.
- Geoffrey/William VI of Poitou/VIII of Aquitaine, Count of Poitou, Duke of Aquitaine, b abt 1024.
- Beatrice of Poitou b abt 1028. She md Raymond I, Count of Melgueil, abt 1045, son of Bernard III, Count of Melgueil, and Adele.
Child of Geoffrey/William VI of Poitou and Hildegarde was:
William VII of Poitou/IX of Aquitaine, Count of Poitou, Duke of Aquitaine, b abt 22 Oct 1071, d 10 Feb 1126/27. He md Philippa of Toulouse abt 1094, daughter of William IV of Toulouse, Count of Toulouse, Duke of Narbonne, and Emma de Mortain.
Children of William VII of Poitou/IX of Aquitaine and Philippa of Toulouse were:
William VIII of Poitou/X of Aquitaine, Count of Poitou, Duke of Aquitaine, b 1099, d 9 Apr 1137. He md Eleanor de Chastellerault 1121, France, daughter of Aimery I, Viscount of Chastellerault, and Dangereuse.
- William VIII of Poitou/X of Aquitaine, Count of Poitou, Duke of Aquitaine, b 1099.
- Agnes of Poitou b abt 1112. She md Ramiro II, King of Aragon, "the Monk", abt 1125, son of Sancho Ramirez I, King of Aragon and Navarre, and Felice de Roucy.
Child of William VIII of Poitou/X of Aquitaine and Eleanor de Chastellerault was:
Eleanor of Aquitaine b 1121-1122, Bordeaux, Aquitaine, France, d 31 Mar 1204, Poitiers, Aquitaine, France. She md:
 Louis VII, King of France, 22 Jul 1137, Bordeaux, France (divorced 1152), son of Louis VI, King of France, and Adelaide of Savoy,
 Henry II Curtmantle Plantagenet, King of England, 18 May 1152, Bordeaux, France, son of Geoffrey V of Anjou, Count d'Anjou, and Matilda of Germany.
AR: Line 45, Line 110[23-26], Line 111[24-25], Line 144A[15-20].
Return to TOP of this page
Return to INDEX FOR POITOU
Return to MAIN INDEX
Return to HOME