Capetian Kings of France
Rutpert/Robert I, Count in the Upper Rhine and Wormgau, b abt 700, d bef 764. He md Williswint abt 722, daughter of Adelheim, Count. She was b abt 705, d aft 764.
Child of Rutpert/Robert I and Williswint was:
Thuringbert b abt 726. The identity of his wife is not known.
Rutpert/Robert II, Count in the Upper Rhine and Wormgau, b abt 752, d aft 789. He md  Theodorata abt 772, and  Isingard. Theodorata was b abt 755, d bef 789.
Child of Thuringbert was:
Child of Rutpert/Robert II and Theodorata was:
Rutpert/Robert III, Count in Wormgau, b abt 778, d abt 834. He md Wialdruth abt 805. She was b abt 782.
Rutpert/Robert IV, Count of Wormgau, Paris, Anjou, and Blois, aka Robert the Strong, b abt 810, d 15 Sep 866 (killed). He md  unknown, and  Adelaide/Aelis of Tours abt 860, daughter of Hugh III, Count of Alsace and Tours, and Bava. She was b abt 835, d abt 882.
Child of Rutpert/Robert III and Wialdruth was:
Child of Rutpert/Robert IV and Adelaide/Aelis of Tours was:
Robert I, King of the Franks, Count of Poitiers, Count of Paris, Marquis of Neustria, b 866, France, d 15 Jun 923. He md:
 Aelis abt 884.
Child of Robert I and Aelis was:
Liegarde/Hildebrante b abt 888, France. She md Herbert II, Count of Vermandois and Troyes, abt 908, son of Herbert I, Count of Vermandois, Seigneur of Senlis, Peronne, and St. Quentin, and Bertha de Morvois.
 Beatrice de Vermandois abt 890, daughter of Herbert I, Count of Vermandois, and Bertha de Morvois.
Child of Robert I and Beatrice de Vermandois was:
Hugh Magnus of Paris, Count of Paris, Orleans, Vexin, Le Mans, Duke of France, b abt 895, Paris, France, d 16 Jun 956, Dourdan, France. He md Hedwig of Saxony abt Sep 938, Rhineland, Germany, daughter of Henry I of Saxony, "The Fowler", Holy Roman Emperor, King of the Saxons, and Mechtilde of Ringelheim.
Child of Hugh of Paris and Hadwige of Saxony was:
Hugh Capet, King of France, Count of Poitou and Orleans, b 941, Paris, France, d 24 Oct 996, Paris, France. He md Adelaide of Poitou bef 969, daughter of William I of Poitou, Count of Poitou, and Adele/Gerloc of Normandy.
Children of Hugh Capet and Adelaide de Poitou were:
Robert II, King of France, Count of Paris, "the Pious", b 27 Mar 972, Orleans, Loiret, France, d 20 Jul 1031. He md  Rosela bef 988,  Bertha of Burgundy 996,  Constance of Provence 1001-1002, daughter of William II of Provence, Count of Provence, and Adelaide of Anjou.
- Hadwige b abt 970, d aft 1013. She md Regnier IV, Count of Hainault, abt 985, son of Regnier III, Count of Hainault, and Adele of Louvain.
- Robert II, King of France, "the Pious", b 27 Mar 972.
- Alice b abt 975.
- Gisele b abt 977. She md Hugh I of Ponthieu, Count of Ponthieu, abt 990.
Children of Robert II and Constance of Provence were:
- Hugh b 1007, d 1025.
- Henry I, King of France, b Apr 1008. See LINE A
- Adele of France b 1009, France, d 8 Jan 1078/79, Messines, Flanders. She md  Richard of Normandy, Duke of Normandy, Jan 1026/27,  Baldwin V de Lille, Count of Flanders, 1028, son of Baldwin IV, Count of Flanders, and Otgiva of Luxembourg.
- Robert of Burgundy, Duke of Burgundy, "the Old", b 1011. See LINE B
- Eudo b 1013.
- Constance of France b abt 1015. She md Manasses de Dammartin, Count of Dammartin, abt 1028.
Henry I, King of France, Count of Paris, b Apr 1008, Reims, Lorraine, France, d 4 Aug 1060, St. Denis, France. He md Anne of Kiev 20 Jan 1044, daughter of Jaroslav I of Kiev, Grand Prince of Kiev, and Ingeborg of Sweden.
Children of Henry I and Anne of Kiev were:
- Philip I, King of France, "the Fair", b 1053. See LINE A1
- Hugh Magnus, Count of Vermandois, "the Great", b 1057. See LINE A2
Philip I, King of France, "the Fair", b 1053, d 29 Jul 1108, Meulan, Normandy, France. He md Bertha of Holland 1072, daughter of Florent I of Holland, Count of Holland, and Gertrude of Saxony.
Children of Philip I and Bertha of Holland were:
Louis VI, King of France, "the Fat", b 1081, Paris, France, d 1 Aug 1137, Paris, France. He md Adelaide of Savoy abt 1115, Paris, France, daughter of Humbert II of Savoy, Count of
Maurienne and Savoy, and Gisele of Burgundy.
- Louis VI, King of France, b 1081.
- Constance of France b abt 1083, Normandy, France. She md Bohemond I, Prince of Antioch, abt 1102, son of Robert Guiscard, Duke of Apulia, Calabria, and Sicily, and Sichelgaita of Salerno.
Children of Louis VI and Adelaide of Savoy were:
- Louis VII, King of France, b 1120. See LINE A1a
- Peter of France b abt 1121. See LINE A1b
- Robert I de Dreux, Count of Dreux, b abt 1125. See LINE A1c
Louis VII, King of France, b 1120, d 18 Sep 1180, Paris, France. He md:
 Eleanor of Aquitaine 22/25 Jul 1137 (divorced 1152), daughter of WIlliam VIII of Poitou/X of Aquitaine and Eleanor de Chastellerault.
Child of Louis VII and Eleanor of Aquitaine was:
 Constance of Castile abt 1153, daughter of Alphonso VII, King of Leon and Castile, and Berengaria of Barcelona.
Marie of France b abt 1145, d 1198. She md Henry I of Champagne, Count of Champagne, 1164, son of Theobald IV of Blois, Count of Blois and Champagne, and Maud/Matilda of Carinthia.
Child of Louis VII and Constance of Castile was:
 Adelaide/Alix of Champagne 18 Oct 1160, daughter of Theobald IV of Blois, Count of Blois and Champagne, and Matilda/Maud of Carinthia.
Child of Louis VII and Adelaide/Alix of Champagne was:
Philip II Augustus, King of France, b 21 Aug 1165, near Paris, France, d 14 Jul 1223, Nantes, France. He md Isabella of Hainault 28 Apr 1180, daughter of Baldwin V of Hainault, Count of Hainault, and Margaret of Lorraine.
Child of Philip II Augustus and Isabella of Hainault was:
Louis VIII, King of France, "the Lion", b 5 Sep 1187, Paris France, d 8 Nov 1226, Auvergne, France. He md Blanche of Castile 23 May 1200, daughter of Alfonso VIII, King of Castile, and Eleanor Plantagenet.
Children of Louis VIII and Blanche of Castile were:
- Louis IX, King of France, b 25 Apr 1215. See LINE A1a1
- Robert I d'Artois b Sep 1216. See LINE A1a2
- Charles I of Naples, King of Naples and Sicily, Count of Anjou, b 1220. See LINE A1a3
Louis IX, King of France, "Saint Louis", b 25 Apr 1215, Poissy, France, d 25 Aug 1270, near Tunis. He md Marguerite of Provence abt 1235, daughter of Raymond V Berenger, Count of Provence and Forcalquier, and Beatrix of Savoy.
Child of Louis IX and Marguerite of Provence was:
Philip III, King of France, "the Bold", b 1245, France, d 1285, Perpignan, France. He md  Isabella of Aragon 1262, daughter of James I of Aragon, King of Aragon, and Yolande of Hungary. He md  Marie of Brabant, 1272.
Children of Philip III and Isabella of Aragon were:
- Philip IV, King of France, b 1268. See LINE A1a1a
- Charles of Valois, Count of Valois, b abt 1274. See LINE A1a1b
Philip IV, King of France, "the Fair", b 1268, Fontainbleu, France, d 29 Nov 1314. He md Jeanne of Navarre 1284, daughter of Henry I of Navarre, King of Navarre, and Blanche of Artois.
Child of Philip IV and Jeanne of Navarre was:
Isabella of France b 1292, France, d 22 Aug 1358. She md Edward II, King of England, 25 Jan 1307/08, son of Edward I, King of England, and Eleanor of Castile.
Charles of Valois b abt 1272, d 1325. He md Margaret of Naples abt 1290, daughter of Charles II of Naples, King of Naples, and Marie of Hungary.
Child of Charles of Valois and Margaret of Naples was:
Jeanne of Valois b abt 1292, d abt 1352. She md William III of Hainault, Count of Hainault and Holland, abt 1305, son of John II of Hainault, Count of Hainault, and Philippa of Luxembourg.
Robert I d'Artois b Sep 1216, Paris, France, d 9 Feb 1249/50, Mansurah, Egypt. He md Matilda de Brabant 14 Jun 1237, Champaigne, France, daughter of Henry II de Brabant, Duke of Brabant, and Marie of Swabia.
Child of Robert I d'Artois Capet and Matilda de Brabant was:
Blanche of Artois b 1248, Arras, Pas-de-Calais, France, d 2 May 1302, Paris, France. She md:
 Henry I of Navarre, King of Navarre, 1269, son of Theobald I, King of Navarre, and Margaret de Bourbon; and
 Edmund Plantagenet, Earl of Lancaster and Leicester, "Crouchback", bef 3 Feb 1275/76, son of Henry III, King of England, and Eleanor of Provence.
Charles I of Naples, King of Naples and Sicily, Count of Anjou, b 1220, d 1285. He md Beatrix of Provence 31 Jan 1245/46, daughter of Raymond V Berenger, Count of Provence, and Beatrix of Savoy.
Child of Charles I of Naples and Beatrix of Provence was:
Charles II of Naples, King of Naples, b abt 1248, d abt 6 May 1309. He md Marie of Hungary abt 1265, daughter of Stephen V, King of Hungary, and Elizabeth.
Child of Charles II of Naples and Marie of Hungary was:
Margaret of Naples, Countess of Anjou and Maine, b abt 1275, France, d 31 Dec 1299. She md Charles of Valois, Count of Valois, abt 1290, son of Philip III, King of France, and Isabella of Aragon.
Peter of France b abt 1121, Rheims, Marne, France, d bef 1183, Palestine. He md Elizabeth de Courtenay abt 1145, daughter of Renaud de Courtenay, Sire de Courtenay, and Daughter de Donjon.
Children of Peter of France and Elizabeth de Courtenay were:
Peter de Courtenay, Emperor of Constantinople, Marquis of Namur, Count of Courtenay, b abt 1155, of Courtenay, Loiret, France, d bef Jan 1218, Epirus. He md Yolande of Flanders Jun/Jul 1193, daughter of Baldwin V of Hainault, Count of Hainault and Flanders, and Margaret of Lorraine.
- Peter de Courtenay, Emperor of Constantinople, Marquis of Namur, Count of Courtenay, b abt 1155.
- Alice de Courtenay b 1160, Courtenay, Loiret, France, d abt Sep 1211. She md Aymer (Taillefer) de Valence, Count of Angouleme, abt 1175, son of William IV Taillefer, Count of Angouleme, and Marguerite de Turenne.
Child of Peter de Courtenay and Yolande of Flanders was:
Yolande de Courtenay b abt 1198, d 1233. She md Andrew II, King of Hungary, 1215, son of Bela III, King of Hungary, and Agnes de Chatillon.
Robert I de Dreux, Count of Dreux, b abt 1123, France, d 11 Oct 1188. He md Agnes de Vaudemont abt 1152, daughter of Guy de Vaudemont. She was b abt 1134, d bef 1218.
Children of Robert I de Dreux and Agnes de Vaudemont were:
Robert II de Dreux, Count of Dreux, and Braine, b abt 1154, France, d 28 Dec 1218. He md Yolande de Coucy abt 1180, daughter of Raoul de Coucy, Seigneur de Coucy and Marle, and Agnes of Hainault. She was b abt 1165, d 18 Mar 1222.
- Robert II de Dreux, Count of Dreux and Braine, b abt 1154.
- Alix de Dreux b abt 1162; md Raoul de Coucy abt 1176.
Children of Robert II de Dreux and Yolande de Coucy were:
- Robert III de Dreux, Count of Dreux, b abt 1186, d 3 Mar 1234; md Alianore de St. Valery.
- Pierre de Dreux, "Mauclerc", Count of Brittany, b abt 1194.
- Philippa de Dreux b abt 1196, d 1242. She md Henry II of Bar, Count of Bar, 1218/19.
Pierre de Dreux, "Mauclerc", Count of Brittany, b abt 1194, d May 1250. He md Alix de Thouars abt 1212, daughter of Gui/Guy de Thouars, Count of Brittany, and Constance of Brittany.
Child of Pierre de Dreux and Alix de Thouars was:
Yolande de Dreux b 1218, Dreux, Eure-et-Loire, France, d 10 Oct 1272. She md Hugh XI de Lusignan, "le Brun", Count of Ponthieu, la Marche, and Angouleme, abt 1234 son of Hugh X de Lusignan, Count of la Marche and Angouleme, and Isabella d'Angouleme.
Hugh Magnus, Duke of France and Burgundy, Marquis of Orleans, Count of Amiens, Chaumont, Paris, Valois, and Vermandois, "the Great", b 1057, Vermandois, Normandy, France, d 18 Oct 1102, Tarsus, Sicily. He md Adelaide de Vermandois abt 1074, daughter of Herbert IV de Vermandois, Count of Vermandois, and Adela de Vexin.
Children of Hugh Magnus and Adelaide de Vermandois were:
- Isabel de Vermandois b abt 1084, of Valois, Bretagne, France, d 13 Feb 1130/31, England. She md:
 Sir Robert de Beaumont 1096, son of Roger de Beaumont and Adelise of Meulan; and
 Sir William II de Warenne, Earl of Warren and Surrey, bef 1118, Surrey, England, son of William I de Warenne, 1st Earl of Surrey, and Gundred.
- Agnes de Vermandois b abt 1095, of Valois, Bretagne, France, d aft 1125. She md Bonifacio del Vasto, Margrave of Saluzzo, aft 1111, son of Teotone/Oddone del Vasto, Margrave of Saluzzo, and Berta de Susa.
Robert of Burgundy, Duke of Burgundy, "the Old", b 1011, Burgundy, France, d 1075/76, Fleury-Sur-Ouche, France. He md  Irmegard of Anjou abt 1025, and  Helie/Eleanor de Semur abt 1033, France, daughter of Dalmas I of Semur and Aremburge of Nevers.
Children of Robert Capet and Helie de Semur were:
- Henry of Burgundy b 1035.
- Hildegarde of Burgundy b abt 1040, of Bourgogne, France, d aft 1104. She md Geoffrey (William VI) of Poitou, Count of Poitou, abt 1068, son of William III of Poitou, Count of Poitou, and Agnes of Macon/Burgundy.
- Constance of Burgundy b 1046, of Dijon, France, d abt Feb 1092/93, prob Castile, Spain. She md Alfonso VI, King of Castile, 8 May 1081, Cote d'Or, France, son of Fernando I, King of Castile, and Sancha of Leon.
Henry of Burgundy, Duke of Burgundy, b 1035, France. He md Sibylle of Barcelona 1056, prob daughter of Berenger I Raymond, Count of Barcelona, and Guisle of Ampurias.
Children of Henry of Burgundy and Sibylle of Barcelona were:
- Eudes I, Duke of Burgundy, "Borel", b 1058. See LINE B1
- Henry I, Count of Portugal, b 1069. See LINE B2
Eudes I, Duke of Burgundy, "Borel", b 1058, d 23 Mar 1102/03, Sicily. He md Maud/Matilda of Burgundy 1080, daughter of William I of Burgundy, Duke of Burgundy, and Stephanie de Longwy.
Children of Eudes I (Borel) and Maud/Matilda of Burgundy were:
Hugh II of Burgundy, Duke of Burgundy, b 1085, of Bourgogne, France, d 1143. He md Mathilde de Mayenne abt 1112, daughter of Walter de Mayenne and Aelina of Presles. She was b abt 1100.
- Alice/Ela of Burgundy b 1080, of Bourgogne, France, d 4 Oct 1174. She md  Bertrand of Toulouse,  William III Talvas, Count of Alencon and Ponthieu, abt 1112, son of Robert II de Belleme, Earl of Shrewsbury, and Agnes of Ponthieu.
- Hugh II of Burgundy, Duke of Burgundy, b 1085.
Children of Hugh II of Burgundy and Mathilde de Turenne were:
Eudes II of Burgundy, Duke of Burgundy, b 1118, of Bourgogne, France, d 27 Sep 1162. He md Marie of Blois abt 1145, daughter of Theobald IV of Blois, Count of Blois, and Maud/Matilda of Carinthia.
Child of Eudes II of Burgundy and Marie of Blois was:
Hugh III of Burgundy, Duke of Burgundy, b 1148, of Bourgogne, France, d 25 Aug 1192, Tyrus. He md
 Alix of Lorraine 1165, and  Beatrix de Viennois 1 Sep 1183, daughter of Guigues/Andre de Viennois, Dauphin de Viennois, and Beatrix de Montferrat. She was b 1161, d 15 Dec 1228.
Child of Hugh III of Burgundy and Beatrix de Viennois was:
Henry I, Count of Portugal, b 1069, France, d 1 Nov 1112. He md Theresa of Castile 1093, daughter of Alfonso VI, King of Castile and Leon, and mistress Ximena Nunia de Guzman.
Child of Henry I and Theresa of Castile was:
Alfonso I (Henriquez), 1st King of Portugal, b 1109, d 6 Dec 1185. He md Maud of Savoy 1146, daughter of Amadeo III of Savoy, Count of Savoy, and Maud/Matilda de Vienne.
Child of Alfonso I and Maud of Savoy was:
Urraca of Portugal b abt 1148, Portugal, d 1178. She md Fernando II, King of Leon, Jun 1165, son of Alfonso VII, King of Castile and Leon, and Berenguela of Barcelona.
AR: Line 45[29-30], Line 48[12-19], Line 53[18-23], Line 101[18-31], Line 102[25-26], Line 103[23-24, 31-33], Line 104[27-29], Line 105A, Line 106[20-21], Line 107[25-26], Line 108[21-25], Line 110[22-23], Line 112[23-26], Line 113[22-24, 28-29], Line 117[24-26], LINE 128[21-22], Line 135[26-30], Line 141[19-24], Line 155[28-30], Line 163A[28-29]; SGM: Alan B. Wilson [Schwennicke, Europaische Stammtafeln II, 20-21]
Return to TOP of this page
Return to INDEX FOR CAPET
Return to MAIN INDEX
Return to HOME