Counts of Savoy
Otto I of Savoy, Count of Savoy, b abt 1012, of Italy, d 19 Jan 1057/60. He md Adelaide de Susa [a] abt 1046, daughter of Olderich Manfred II, Count of Susa, and Berte d'Este. She was b abt 1015, d 19 Dec 1091, Canischio, Italy.
Children of Otto of Savoy and Adelaide de Susa were:
- Amadeo II of Savoy, Count of Savoy, b abt 1048.
- Bertha of Savoy b 21 Sep 1051, Germany, d 27 Dec 1087. She md Henry IV, King of Germany, Holy Roman Emperor, son of Henry III, King of Germany, "the Black", and Gisele of Swabia.
Amadeo II of Savoy, Count of Savoy, b abt 1048, Italy, d 26 Jan 1080. He md Jeanne of Geneva abt 1066, daughter of Gerold I, Count of Geneva, and Gisele.
Humbert II of Savoy, Count of Maurienne and Savoy, b abt 1070, d 18 Sep 1103. He md Gisele of Burgundy abt 1090, daughter of William I of Burgundy, "the Great", Count of Burgundy, Count of Macon, and Stephanie de Longwy.
Child of Amadeo II of Savoy and Jeanne of Geneva was:
Children of Humbert II of Savoy and Gisele of Burgundy were:
Amadeo III of Savoy, Count of Savoy, b abt 1092, d Mar/Apr 1148, Cyprus. He md Maud/Matilda de Vienne abt 1120. She was b abt 1103.
- Adelaide of Savoy b abt 1092, d 18 Nov 1154. She md Louis V, King of France, "the Fat", abt 1115, Paris, France, son of Philip I, King of France, "the Fair", and Bertha of Holland.
- Amadeo III of Savoy b abt 1094.
Children of Amadeo III of Savoy and Maud/Matilda de Vienne were:
Humbert III of Savoy, Count of Savoy, b abt 1130. He md Beatrix de Macon abt 1172, daughter of Gerard I de Macon, Count of Macon and Vienne, and Maurette de Salins.
- Maud of Savoy b abt 1125, d 4 Nov 1157. She md Alfonso I (Henriquez), King of Portugal, 1146, son of Henry I, Count of Portugal, and Theresa of Castile.
- Humbert III of Savoy, Count of Savoy, b abt 1130.
Child of Humbert III of Savoy and Beatrix of Macon was:
Thomas I of Savoy, Count of Savoy, b 20 May 1177, d 1 Mar 1233. He md Margaret of
Geneva May 1195, daughter of William I of Geneva, Count of Geneva.
Children of Thomas I of Savoy and Margaret of Geneva were:
Amadeo IV of Savoy, Count of Savoy, b 1197, d 24 Jun 1253. He md Marguerite/Anne of Burgundy abt 1222, daughter of Hugh III of Burgundy, Duke of Burgundy, and Beatrix de Viennois. She was b 1192, d 1242.
- Amadeo IV of Savoy, Count of Savoy, b abt 1198.
- Beatrix of Savoy b abt 1200, d 1266. She md Raymond V Berenger, Count of Provence and Forcalquier, 5 Jun 1219, son of Alfonso, Count of Provence, and Gersende of Sabran.
Child of Amadeo IV of Savoy and Marguerite/Anne of Burgundy was:
Beatrice of Savoy b abt 1220, d 1259. She md Manfredo III, Marquis di Saluzzo, Mar 1233, son of Bonifacio, Marquis di Saluzzo, and Maria di Torres.
a. She was sister of Berta de Susa, wife of Teotone/Oddone del Vasto. Otto I was her third husband, she being previouly married to:  Hermann IV, Duke of Swabia, abt 1036, and  Enrico de Montferrat, abt 1042.
AR: Line 28, Line 101, Line 104[26-27], Line 112; Genealogics, Leo Van de Pas.
Return to TOP of this page
Return to INDEX FOR SAVOY
Return to MAIN INDEX
Return to HOME