William de Briwere
Sir William de Briwere b abt 1145, Stoke by Nayland, Suffolk, England, d 1226, Suffolk, England. He md Beatrice de Vaux abt 1170, daughter of Hubert de Vaux and Grecia. She was b abt 1155, d 24 Mar 1216/17.
Children of William de Briwere and Beatrice de Vaux were:
- Margaret/Margery de Briwere b abt 1175, Stoke by Nayland, Suffolk, England, d 1237. She md  William de la Ferte abt 1189, son of Matthew de la Ferte and Gundred Paynel,  Eudes de Dammartin, and  Geoffrey II de Say aft 1225.
- Isabel de Briwere b abt 1181, prob Stoke by Nayland, Suffolk, England, d bef 10 Jun 1233. She md:
 Fulbert de Dover, Baron of Chilham, bef 1200, and
 Sir Baldwin Wake, Lord of Bourne, abt 1206, son of Baldwin Wake and Agnes du Hommet.
- Alice de Briwere b abt 1184, Stoke by Nayland, Suffolk, England, d aft 1233. She md Sir Reynold de Mohun abt 1200, son of William de Mohun and Lucy.
- Gracia de Briwere b abt 1186, Stoke by Nayland, Suffolk, England, d bef 1215. She md Sir Reginald de Braose, Lord of Abergavenny, bef 1204, son of Sir William de Braose, Lord of Bramber, and Maud de St. Valery.
- Joan de Briwere [a] b abt 1188, Stoke by Nayland, Suffolk, England d bef 12 Jun 1233, Surrey, England. She md Sir William de Percy, Baron Percy, 12 Jun 1223, Warwick, Warwickshire, England, son of Sir Henry de Percy, Knight, and Isabel de Brus.
a. William de Percy was a minor at his father's death, and was in the custody of William de Briwere, beginning 3 Apr 1200. He later married Joan, one of the five daughters of his guardian.
CP Vol X[452-453]; Line 143, Line 177, Line 184A, Line 246B; MCS: Line 16A.
Return to TOP of this page
Return to INDEX FOR BRIWERE
Return to MAIN INDEX
Return to HOME