Kings of Burgundy
Budwine, Count of Metz, b abt 822, d 864/69. He md Richilda of Arles abt 845, daughter of Boso III, Count of Turin. She was b abt 829, d 883.
Children of Buwen and Richilda of Arles were:
- Richard of Burgundy, Duke of Burgundy, b abt 850. See LINE A
- Boso I, King of Provence, b abt 852. See LINE B
- Richaut b abt 855. She md Charles II, "the Bald", King of the Franks, 25 Nov 870, son of Louis I, "the Fair, Emperor, and Judith of Bavaria.
Richard of Burgundy, Duke of Burgundy, Count of Autun, "the Justiciar", b abt 850, d 921. He md Adelaide of Auxerre abt 871, daughter of Conrad, Count of Auxerre. She was b abt 862.
Children of Richard of Burgundy and Adelaide of Auxerre were:
Rudolph I of Burgundy, King of Burgundy, b abt 880, of Bourgogne, France, d 912.
- Rudolph I of Burgundy, King of Burgundy, b abt 882.
- Ermengarde of Burgundy b abt 885. She md Giselbert of Chalon, Duke of Burgundy, abt 898. Their daughter, Adelaide of Burgundy, b abt 920, md Robert, Count of Troyes and Meux.
- Adelaide of Burgundy b abt 896. She md Regnier II of Hainault, Count of Hainault, abt 912, son of Regnier I of Hainault, Count of Hainault, and Hersent.
Child of Rudolph I of Burgundy was:
Rudolph II of Burgundy, King of Burgundy, b abt 899, Bourgogne, France, d 937. He md Bertha of Swabia abt 920. She was b abt 906.
Children of Rudolph II of Burgundy and Bertha of Swabia were:
Conrad I of Burgundy, King of Burgundy, b abt 930, of Bourgogne, France, d 19 Oct 993. He md Mathilda of France abt 964, daughter of Louis IV, King of the Franks, and Gerberga of
- Conrad I of Burgundy, King of Burgundy, b abt 930.
- St. Adelaide of Lombardy b 931/32, Italy, d 16 Dec 999, Alsace Lorraine, France. She md Otto I of Germany, King of Germany, Emperor, "the Great", Oct 951, son of Henry I of Saxony, King of the Saxons, and Mechtilde of Ringelheim.
Children of Conrad I of Burgundy and Mathilda of France were:
- Bertha of Burgundy b abt 965, of Bourgogne, France, d aft 1010. She md Eudes I of Blois, Count of Blois, abt 983, son of Theobald I, Count of Blois, and Luitgarde of Vermandois.
- Mathilda of Burgundy b abt 967. She md Unknown, Count. Their daughter, Bertha of Burgundy md Unknown, Count of Geneva.
- Gerberga of Burgundy b 965, d 1016. She md Hermann II, Duke of Swabia, 988, son of Conrad, Duke of Swabia, and Judith.
Boso I, King of Provence, b abt 852, d 887. He md Ermengard abt 874, daughter of Louis II of Provence, King of the Franks, Holy Roman Emperor, and Engelberge. She was b abt 860, d bef 2 Apr 897.
Child of Boso and Irmengard was:
Louis III, King of Provence and Italy, "the Blind", b abt 883, d abt 928. He md Anna abt 898, daughter of Leo VI, Emperor of Byzantium, and Eudocia Ingerina. She was b abt 886-888, d abt 914.
Child of Louis III and Anna was:
Charles Constantine, Count of Vienne, b 900/901, d abt Jan 962. He md Teutberg abt 918. She was b abt 906, d abt 960.
Child of Charles Constantine and Teutberga was:
Constance of Provence b abt 920, d 961-65. She md Boso II, Count of Avignon and Arles, abt 935, son of Rotbald I, Count of Provence.
Line 133[19-20], Line 147, Line 157[19-20], Line 159[19-20], Line 141A[17-19], Line 141B[17-18], Line 148, Line 155.
Return to TOP of this page
Return to INDEX FOR BURGUNDY
Return to MAIN INDEX
Return to HOME