Moels of Mapperton, Somerset, England
Nicholas de Moels, Seneschal of Gascony, b abt 1208, of Mapperton and Cadbury, Somerset, England, d abt 1264-65. He md Hawise de Newmarch abt 1230, daughter of James de Newmarch. She was b abt 1215, of Cadbury, Somerset, England, d aft 1244.
Child of Nicholas de Moels and Hawise de Newmarch was:
Roger de Moels b abt 1235, of Mapperton, and Cadbury, Somerset, England, d bef 17 Jun 1295. The identity of his wife is not known.
Sir John de Moels, Lord Moels, b abt 1265, of Mapperton and Cadbury, Somerset, and Langford, Devonshire, England, d 20 May 1310. He md Maud de Grey abt 1288, daughter of Sir John de Grey, Lord Grey and unidentified first wife.
Child of Roger de Moels was:
Identified children of John de Moels and Maud de Grey were:
Sir John de Moels, Lord Moels, b abt 1303/04, of Mapperton, Somerset, England, d bef 21 Aug 1337. He md Joan Lovel abt 1319, daughter of Sir Richard Lovel, Lord Lovel, and Muriel de Soulis.
- Nicholas de Moels b 10 Aug 1289, d s.p. bef 29 Jan 1315/16; md Margaret de Courtenay bef Feb 1312/13.
- Roger de Moels b abt 11 Jun 1295, d bef 13 Jul 1316; unmd.
- Sir John de Moels b abt 1303/04.
Only children of John de Moels and Joan Lovel were:
- Muriel de Moels b abt 1320, of Mapperton, Somerset, England. She md Thomas de Courtenay bef 1337, son of Sir Hugh de Courtenay, Earl of Devon, Lord Courtenay, and Agnes de St. John.
- Isabel de Moels b abt 1322, Marnhull, Dorset, England. She md William de Botreaux abt 1335, son of Reynold de Botreaux.
CP: Vol IX[1-8]; AR: Line 51A.
Return to TOP of this page
Return to INDEX FOR MOELS
Return to MAIN INDEX
Return to HOME