John Allen of Newport, Rhode Island
John Allen [a] b abt 1628, England, d bef 16 Mar 1708, Newport, Newport, RI. He md Elizabeth Bacon abt 1650. She was b abt 1630, d bef 13 Sep 1706, prob Newport, Newport RI.
Children of John Allen and Elizabeth Bacon were:
Elizabeth Allen b Jul 1651, d 24 Mar 1713/14. She md Nathaniel Tompkins 15 Jan 1671, son of Nathaniel Tompkins.
- Elizabeth Allen b Jul 1651.
- Mary Allen b 4 Feb 1652/53, d aft 1716; md Rowland Robinson 1676.
- John Allen b Nov 1654, d Jan 1702/03; md  Susanna Alger, and  Jane.
- Mercy Allen b Dec 1656; md Mr. Duncan.
- Priscilla Allen b Dec 1659, d 24 Oct 1676.
- Samuel Allen b 1661, d abt 1717; md Elizabeth Sanford 1684.
- Christopher Allen b abt 1666, d 13 Sep 1739; md Elizabeth Segouche 1687, Boston, Suffolk, MA.
a. The abstracted will of John Allen of Newport, dated 13 Sep 1706, proved 16 Mar 1708, pp 47-49:
Mentions sons Samuel Allen, John Allen & Christopher Allen. Daughters Elizabeth Tompkins, Mary Robinson, & Mercy Dunkin. Son John Allen's children, viz. John Allen, Sarah Allen, Elizabeth Allen, Mercy Allen, & Mary Allen, granddaughter Mary Tompkins. Witn: John Richmond, William Wood & Elisha (sic) Woodman.
GL: 1500s-1800s, Rhode Island Genealogical Register, Washington Co. Marriages to 1850 from Arnold's, Vol 5, p 76; Rhode Island Genealogical Register, Abstracts of Pre-Revolutionary Newport Wills, Vol 3, No. 1, by Nellie M.C. Beaman, p 20.
Return to TOP of this page
Return to INDEX FOR ALLEN
Return to MAIN INDEX
Return to HOME