Worsham of Henrico, Virginia
William Worsham [a] b bef 1609, prob England, d 1661, Henrico, VA. He md Elizabeth abt 1642. She was b abt 1620, d aft 1661.
Children of William Worsham and Elizabeth were:
John Worsham [b] b abt 1653, Henrico, VA, d 1729, Henrico, VA. He md Phebe abt 1680. She was b abt 1660, d bef 1729.
- William Worsham b abt 1647, Henrico, VA, d bef 1678
- Elizabeth Worsham b abt 1651, Henrico, VA; md Richard Kennon abt 1673.
- John Worsham b abt 1653.
- Mary Worsham b 1658, Henrico, VA; md Richard Ligon 11 Apr 1680, Henrico, VA.
- Charles Worsham b abt 1659, Henrico, d bef 2 Jun 1712; md Mary Beville abt 1685.
Children of John Worsham and Phebe were:
Ann Worsham b abt 1692, Henrico, VA. She md Thomas Osborne abt 1710, prob Henrico, VA, son of Thomas Osborne and Martha Jones.
- Mary Worsham b abt 1682, Henrico, VA; md George Robertson.
- Daniel Worsham b abt 1684, Henrico, VA, d bef 1729; md Judith Archer.
- Capt. John Worsham b abt 1686, Henrico, VA; md Mary Wynne.
- Elizabeth Worsham b abt 1688, Henrico, VA, d 1743; md  Thomas Lygon 1697,  Alexander Marshall.
- Martha Worsham b abt 1689, Henrico, VA; md Seth Ward.
- Capt. William Worsham b abt 1690, Henrico, VA, d abt 1748; md Lucy Hamblin.
- Ann Worsham b abt 1692.
- Frances Worsham b abt 1694, Henrico, VA; md William Rowlett.
a. William Worsham is known to have been in Henrico County "certainly" as early as November 1640, for in a patent granted to William and George Worsham in November 1652, it is stated that "a part of the said land was sold by Seth Ward to the said William Worsham 2 November 1640." After William's death, his widow Elizabeth married Lt. Col. Francis Eppes. Some sources believe her maiden name to be Littlebury as this name was given to one of their children, but unfortunately no record has ever been discovered which substantiates this claim.
b. John Worsham was twice Sheriff of Henrico County, appointed 28 April 1714 and 25 April 1715. He appears on the 1769 Tithables list for Bermuda Hundred (Henrico County). The will of John Worsham was dated 9 June 1729, and was proved 1 October 1729, in Henrico County. He mentions sons John, William, Daniel (eldest son); son Daniel Worsham's widow, Judith; daughter Elizabeth Marshall, daughter Frances Rowlett, daughter Mary Robertson, daughter Martha Ward, daughter Ann Osborne, grandson Francis Poythres, grandson Isham Epes, granddaughter Obedience Worsham; son Daniel's daughters Phebe, Martha, Elizabeth; daughter-in-law Judith. His sons, John and William Worsham were executors.
GL: Virginia Genealogies No. 2, 1600s-1800s, Genealogies of Virginia Families, Volume V, Henrico County, Virginia: Beginnings of its Families, p 739.
Return to TOP of this page
Return to INDEX FOR WORSHAM
Return to MAIN INDEX
Return to HOME