Dandridge of Virginia
Bartholomew Dandridge b 1580, England, d 1618. He md Agnes Wilder abt 1602. She was b abt 1583, d 1618.
Child of Bartholomew Dandridge and Agnes Wilder was:
William Dandridge b 30 Jan 1612/13, England, d Jul 1693. The identity of his wife is not known.
Child of William Dandridge was:
John Dandridge, b 29 Apr 1655, poss Great Malvern, Worcestershire, England. He md  Bridget Dugdale, and  Ann abt 1688. She was b abt 1664.
Children of John Dandrige and Ann were:
Ann Dandridge b abt 1695, VA. She md George Redd abt 1716, prob Williamsburg, VA. Their daughter, Ann Dandridge Redd, b 1718, Williamsburg, VA, d 1800, Rockingham, NC, md Samuel Dalton abt 1735.
- Ann Dandridge b 1689, d bef 1696.
- William Dandridge b 29 Dec 1689, d 27 Aug 1743, Hanover, VA; md Unity West 18 Mar 1718/19.
- Rosamond Dandridge b 1690.
- Mary Dandridge b 24 Jun 1693; md Robert Langbourn.
- Ann Dandridge b abt 1695.
- Elizabeth Dandridge b 1696; md William Claiborne.
- Francis Dandridge b 7 Mar 1696/97.
- Deborah Dandridge b 1699.
- John Dandridge b 14 Jul 1700, New Kent, VA; d 31 Aug 1756; md Frances Jones 1730 (parents of Martha Dandridge, widow Custis, who secondly married President George Washington).
- Amborey Dandridge b 1702.
- Richard Dandridge b 1705.
- Benjamin Dandridge b 1711.
This lineage appears to be based upon "Dalton family tradition", and thus, should be used with due caution. It is curious that all of the children of John Dandridge and second wife Ann have known birthdates, while subject Ann does not.
Return to TOP of this page
Return to INDEX FOR DANDRIDGE
Return to MAIN INDEX
Return to HOME