Corbet of Shropshire, England
Unknown (poss Hugh) Corbet b abt 1030. The identity of his wife is not known.
Children of Unknown Corbet were:
- Sir Robert Corbet b abt 1055. See LINE A
- Roger Corbet b abt 1060. See LINE B
Sir Robert Corbet b abt 1055. The identity of his wife is not known.
Children of Robert Corbet were:
- Sibyl Corbet b abt 1080, of Alcester, Warwickshire, England, d aft 1157. She md Herbert Fitz Herbert abt 1100, son of Herbert of Winchester and Emma of Blois. She was also a mistress of Henry I Beauclerc, King of England, son of William I of Normandy, the Conqueror, King of England, Duke of Normandy, and Maud/Matilda of Flanders.
- Alice Corbet b abt 1094, d bef 1149. She md William I Boterel abt 1110.
Roger Corbet b abt 1060.
Child Roger Corbet was:
William Corbet b 1090, of Cauz, Shropshire, England.
Child of William Corbet was:
Simon Corbet b abt 1126, of Wattlesborough, Shropshire, England, d bef 1165.
Child of Simon Corbet was:
Robert Corbet b abt 1165, Shropshire, England, d 1222. He md Emma Pantulf 1185, Wem, Shropshire, England. She was b abt 1168.
Children of Robert Corbet and Emma Pantulf were:
Thomas Corbet b abt 1202, of Cauz, Shropshire, England, d Sep 1274, Shropshire, England. He md Isabel de Valletort 1225-28, daughter of Roger de Vautort/Valletort. She was b abt 1210, of Harberton, Devonshire, England.
Children of Thomas Corbet and Isabel de Valletort were:
- Alice Corbet b abt 1228, of Cauz, Shropshire, England. She md Sir Robert de Stafford, Baron Stafford, abt 1242, son of Sir Hervey de Stafford and Petronilla/Pernel de Ferrers.
- Sir Peter Corbet, Lord Corbet, b abt 1232, of Cauz, Shropshire, England, d bef 10 Aug 1300; md  Joan de Mortimer bef 1252/53, and  Alice de Orreby.
CP: Vol III, Vol XII/1; SGM: Todd Farmerie.
Return to TOP of this page
Return to INDEX FOR CORBET
Return to MAIN INDEX
Return to HOME