Richard Church of Hatfield, Hampshire, Massachusetts
Richard Church b 7/9 May 1550, England. He md Alice abt 1582. She was b abt 1560.
Child of Richard Church and Alice was:
Richard Church [a] b abt 1586, England, d 16 Dec 1667, Hatfield, Hampshire, MA. He md Anne Marsh 18 May 1627, Braintree, Essex, England. She was b 10 Oct 1600, Braintree, Essex, England, d 10 Mar 1683/84, Hatfield, Hampshire, MA, daughter of Edward Marsh and Anne Streame.
Children of Richard Church and Anne Marsh were:
- Edward Church b 26 Feb 1627/28, Hartford, CT, d 10 Sep 1704, Hatfield, Hampshire, MA;
md Mary Hopkins.
- Samuel Church b 3 Mar 1628/29, Hartford, CT; d young.
- Mary Church b 2 Nov 1630.
- John Church b 9 May 1636, Hartford, CT, d 16 Oct 1691, Wethersfield, Hartford, CT; md Sarah Beckley 27 Oct 1657, Wethersfield, Hartford, CT.
- Samuel Church b 9 May 1636, Hartford, CT, d 13 Apr 1684, Hadley, Hampshire, MA; md Mary
Mary Church b 2 Nov 1630, Hartford, CT, d 16 Oct 1691, Hatfield, Hampshire, MA. She md Isaac Graves abt 1645, Hartford, CT, son of Thomas Graves and Sarah.
a. Sometimes confused with Richard Church who married Elizabeth Warren daughter of the Mayflower passenger, Richard came from England to Plymouth in 1630, with the Winthrop Fleet. In 1637 he removed to Hartford, Conn., where he was an original proprietor, and in 1660, he removed to Hadley, Mass. His wife, Anne, lived to the age of 83 years.
GL: The Descendants of John Porter, Vol. I, p. 172, by Henry Porter Andrews, 1893.
Return to TOP of this page
Return to INDEX FOR CHURCH
Return to MAIN INDEX
Return to HOME